Google+

本地晴天鐘

本地晴天鐘

2010/09/12

NexGuide Autoguider testing review

This is English version of testing result to share with my friends.

I was quite happy to have NexGuide autoguider on last Friday but quite disappointed the weather was so bad on Friday night.

Saturday night waiting until mid night around 12 oclock for first time testing it.
Very afraid the weather like yesterday , let me thought someone using Doraemon's tool to made so much cloud in the sky.

Not very accurate to do polarize and used 1 star alignment on HEQ5. Although, I read the manual in advance at least three times but touch the real NexGuide is another story. Got some trouble on the first hour to operating it.

Look at the hand control...it's cute..

IMG_1364

You need select and lock star before select guiding. Due to my guidescope is not parallel with main telescope, I spent coule mins to adjust it and finding the
brightness star for auto cal.

I believe my DSI pro II is more sensitive then this one. I spent much time to finding star...May be I need to fine tune some parameter to improve it.
IMG_1367

No other experience to compare with other standalone guider, so I can only share with the experience when I using PHD guding. It is more faster then PHD guding. In the period of testing, some of auto cal only spent around 1 mins. I did auto cal many times yesterday. Longest time around 3 mins on auto cal.

The most important point is ...find a brightness star....

IMG_1377

When found the guide star, you can move it to center of display or just leave it on
original position. NexGuide can calculating the X and Y Axis and show on display panel text area which is on leftside.

You can also see the delta R, delta D real time.

First couple photos were failed due to my legs touched tripod or touched scope. Only choise these three for your reference.

These three photos were tooking by EOS 350D. 1 and 2 was 300seconds, 3rd was 200 seconds.

I will share more in future for longer exposure time and share it next time.

NGAG_test_0536

NGAG_test_0535

NGAG_test_0534

沒有留言:

就愛亂拍

哈伯望眼鏡相關新聞

光陰捕手 的像本

我在聯合報

我的影片在Vimeo

我在Facebook